Is India already a hub for Global innovation/ R&D?? Prof . Nirmalya Kumar, a management guru from London Business School is revealing surprizing details about how Innovations done by Indians go unnoticed as they are working for foreign multinational companies and thus credit obviously goes to country where Head Office of company is based. So, we never realize who are inventing these products and from which location of the world. This process is roughly referred as Invisible Innovation.
Following four types of Invisible Innovations are happening in India that Prof.Kumar discussed in talk:
1. Innovation for Business Customers
2. Outsourcing Innovation
3. Process innovation
4. Management innovations
Watch this informative and interesting TED talk.
India’s invisible Innovation – Prof Nirmalya Kumar (Via TED Ed)
Watch talk at TED website. Prof Kumar’s Biodata @ TED Talks
See my previous posts on related topic:
- Jugaad Innovation : From India To The World
- Reverse Innovation: New trend from Emerging to Developed countries
- What India Gave To The WORLD
- Mumbai Dabbawala (Tiffin) Service: System That Challenged Six-Sigma Management Standards!
- Sixth Sense Technology: Samsung’s Galaxy Gear SmartWatch
- Best Indian Speakers at TED Talks
- Famous TED Talks by Indian Speakers (Part 2)
Image Credit: “en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirmalya_Kumar”
Sources: TED Talks, Google search, Wikipedia, Youtube, Twitter and all other links mentioned in the post.