Govinda aala re!! (means Krishna’s team has arrived). Krishna Dahi-Handi (breaking sweet yoghurt filled pot above using human pyramid) festival celebrated to show love & devotion towards beloved Hindu god Shri Krishna; on his birth anniversary each year. Today, Hindus across the world are celebrating 5126th birth anniversary of Shri Krishna.
Shri Krishna was born on 27th July 3112 BCE on Janmastami (8th day of Hindu calender month Shukla) to mother Devaki and father Vasudev in Mathura at western state of UP,India.Later he lived as king of Dwaraka area in Gujarat, western coast of India.
Far away from home…away from worries & stress…away from world…in green fields… beautiful sunny & windy day…around lakes, on a beautiful road trip..with nature, with best friends…but being lonely & quiet…being with your Dreams & Emotions…remembering someone very special…Fly in your dreams with this beautiful song on a road trip to Spain…
Ghost Town or city is a term mentioned for cities where there is no human activity due to various reasons e.g shift of human due to failed economic activity, natural disaster or government actions/laws, etc. I am more interested to see how Globalization created Ghost cities! Oooops ….Paradox??
We believe Economic development is like a new age tool for human prosperity.But, fast changing world in Globalization also has other dark side like – Creation of Ghost Cities/Town!
There are various reasons for forming such Ghost cities:
- To keep investing in city infrastructure for economic reason or just to stay competitive in the world,
- Wrong calculation of demand and supply,
- Closing of business due to Recession,
- Population shift to other location in search of better life/employment,
- Lack of infrastructure or quality life in the region, etc.
Whatever may be the reason, but we must stop investing billions of dollars worldwide in creating such Ghost towns and plan properly to create new livable cities/towns.
In future new policies should take lessons from these examples. Lets hope these ghost cities will be full of life soon!
1. Navi Mumbai -India: In order to reduce burden on Mumbai, government and private builders built Navi Mumbai town just outskirts of Mumbai. Tough the infrastructure at Navi Mumbai was good, but due to lack of proper connectivity to Mumbai’s mainland and also high cost, many apartments were vacant for long. There are many such “Property Bubble” areas around Mumbai which created “ghost” areas within the city. Hope things are fine now and it might have occupied.
See these reports (YouTube clips) on Ghost Cities in China, US , Ireland, Spain and Russia.
2. China’s Ghost Cities:
3. US Ghost cities / towns
4. Ireland’s ghost cities:
5.Spain’s ghost Cities
6.Russia’s Ghost Cities
Sources: Youtube, wikipedia and google search