This is a collection of some famous and ancient temples at outside India locations (e.g Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal,etc.). Full list of Hindu Temples listed in UNESCO World heritage Sites with photos can be found here . Find list of all famous temples in India & Abroad at – Link-1 and Link-2. For beautiful photos of various temples visit this.
- Angkor Wat Vishnu Temple , Cambodia
Angkor Wat- Lord Vishnu temple dedicated to Hindu God , Lord Vishnu, by mighty Khmer Empire Hindu King Suryavarman II in 12th century at Combodia. Angkor Wat is the largest Hindu Temple and largest religious monuments in the world! UNESCO description about this temple is given here Angkor wat is also considered as one of the Wonders of the world and also finalised in list of New 7 Wonders of The wrold.
Hinduism in Indonesia is also called as Agama Hindu Dharma or Javanese Hinduism in Indonesia. A role of Hinduism in modern Indonesia is described in the article . Main religion practiced in Bali is Agama Hindu Dharma or Hinduism. Bali region has Balinese culture ome Indonesian native language sites on Hinduism. More on this can be found in local language here . Find more information see List of hindu temples in Indonesia . Below is some of the popular temples in Indonesia.
- Prambanan Temple , Indonesia
Prambanan Hindu Temple , is also one of the largest Hindu Temple outside India. Temple is dedicated to three basic Hindu Gods ( Trimurti) Lord Brahma (The Creator), Lord Vishnu (The Preserver) and Lord Shiva ( The Transformer). There are about 237 small temples in same campus apart from main big temple. This old historical temple is included in World heritage site by UNESCO. See UNESCO description and other details about Prambanan HinDu Temple here . More details in news about temple here See this nice documentary on Prambanan from world guide sites below:
Another clip of Prambanan Temple here
- New 1000 years Old Hindu Temple Found in Jakarta-Indonesia
- Mother Temple of Besakih, Bali, Indonesia
This is believed to be 14th century temple and important / holiest religious place for Bali Island people. There are series of Balinese temples at Bali. More details and history about Mother Temple of Basakih is here
- Tahan Lot Temple – Bali, Indonesia
- Tampak Siring -Holy Water Temple Indonesia
- Bali lost hindu temple in Rainforest
See clip for this neglected temple in rainforest here
- Sukuh Hindu Temple – Indonesia
Details about Sukuh Hindu Temple in Indonesia here
- Batu Caves Lord Murugan Temple , Gombak, Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia
- Kathmandu Valle ( Hindu Temples) Nepal
Other famous Temple in former India region:
Katasraj Shiva Temple built somewhere around 600 AD is dedicated to Hindu God Lord Shiva It is believed that Pandavas (5 brothers) from Hindu epic Mahabharata have spent 4 years here.List of other Hindu Temples in former India region can be found here
Brief Introduction to Hinduism
Other related news coverage:
- Country wise list of Hindu Temples Outside India
- Photos & Information: Hindu Temples Listed As World heritage by UNESCO
- 6 Hindu Temples Nominated for World heritage List
- Hindu-Buddhist Era in Indonesia by UNESCO data: Trowulan – Former Capital City of Majapahit Kingdon
- Hindu Temple Architecture
- How To Visit Temple : What you will see and what it means
- UNESCO World heritage list as per the country is given here
Image Credit: “http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Angkor_Wat.jpg”
Sources: YouTube, Wikipedia, google search and other hyperlinks mentioned in the post.