Generally media & news only showcase one side of any country as they are told & paid for! Here an American tourist is exploring beautiful side of Iran- its culture , landscapes, palaces, heritage, warm & hospitable local people!
Again proves that the best way to find ground reality is by visiting & witnessing that country personally and not to judge others on the basis of Media propaganda or some historical books!
Vedic Mathematics is an ancient Indian mathematics . It is very easy and has simple tricks to solve difficult calculations instantly. Maths students, IAS exam/GRE/GMAT/SAT/CAT aspirants, and kids enjoy this as they save time and energy to solve complex mathematical calculations. Mr. Gaurav Tekriwal is a Vedic Maths teacher. Watch his famous TED talk.
Why India Should Be Proud Of Vedic Maths @ TEDxGateWay
More videos from Mr. Gaurav @ Youtube Playlist
My other relevant post on Vedic Maths: Vedic Mathematics : Why and How To Learn
Important Vedic maths Resources/Books/Links/Mobile Apps:
- FREE pdf (e-book) – Vedic Maths @ UPSC portal India or direct download link
- Famous Vedic Mathematics book by Indian Scholar Bharati Krishna Tirthaji @ Google book (Read Free)
- More details @ Vedic Maths India
- Vedic Maths India Forum @ Pinterest
- Vedic Maths blogs, Forums, Online Tutorials , Resources @ Pinterest
- Vedic Maths India @ Facebook
- Full Research Paper on Vedic Maths – Relevance of Vedic Mathematics in enhancing speed and accuracy @ Scribd
- Vedic Maths Forum @ HERE
Sources: TED talk, Mr. Gaurav Takriwal and his links, Pinterest, Facebook, Wikipedia, Google search, Google play, apple apps, Scribd, Vedic maths forum, Vedic maths india, and other links in the posts.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY
On 15th August 1947 India got Independence. This 15th August 2013, India is celebrating its 66th B’day!! Salute to INDIA with National Anthem ‘Jana Gana Mana’ , beautifully composed by A. R. Rahman and posturized by Bharatbala Productions along with various Gems of India in the field of music (Flute- Pandit Hariprasad Chaurasia, sitar, etc) and singing (Lata Mangeshkar, Asha Bhosle, Pandit Jasraj, Jagjit Singh, Kavita Krushnamurthy, Bhupen Hazarika, and others).
Sources: Youtube, Bharatbala productions, A R Rahman, Wikipedia, Google search, and other links in the post.
Lonar lake is created due to the impact of a large 1.8 km diameter Meteor (shooting star); about 50000 years ago! It is a unique green coloured saline soda water lake ( Alkaline: pH ~ 13) with other salts and minerals which are different from local soil. Lonar is situated at central part of India, in district of Buldhana, Maharashtra State. Site is very special for Geologist/Astronomers to study rocks and surfaces on other planets or stars. Pune-India based Universe of Amateur Astronomers (Khagol Vishwa) also conducted various studies on Lonar Lake (For information and photos visit here ).This important site has also got attention recently after important discovery that this crater has similarity to the craters on the Mars surface (see full reports here and here).
Many local and international scientists, activists, students and socialists are campaigning to consider Lonar Crater Lake in the list of UNESCO World Heritage site.
See informative documentary on Lonar Lake below.
Lonar Lake Documentary (Devharsh Productions)
Lonar Lake among India’s 7 Wonders
Other informative articles on Lonar Lake:
- Geological Survey of India’s (GSI) full report on Lonar Crater can be accessed HERE
- Full study paper by team mentioned in the above Youtube clip at DRS-National Institute of Oceanology, Govt. of India: Geochemical identification of impactor for Lonar Crater, India
- Research paper at Wiley publication journal : Tektite-like bodies at Lonar Crater, India: Implications for the origin of tektites ( Know what is Taktite)
- TimesofIndia News: Water treatment plant has been set up to stop contamination in lake
- Full research paper at The Geological Society of America : Geology of Lonar Crater, India
- Rs. 10 Cr (~ $2m) sanctioned to stop pollution around Lonar Lake and to prevent from declining alkaline characteristics ( pH-13 in 1960 , pH – 10 now).
Image Credit: “en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:LonarCrater.jpg”
Sources: Google search, YouTube, Devharsh Productions teaser, Wikipedia, and various news and other hyper-links mentioned in the post.
Feel Royal, Feel Romantic!!…. Make you feel like a like a Royal Guest not a Visitor, like a Traveller not a Tourist!! This beautiful palace was build in 1746 by Mewar dynasty King Maharaja Jagat Singh as his summer (lake) palace in the middle of lake Pichola at ancient Udaipur City in North-West part of India called State of Rajasthan. After restoration in 1971 by Tata group’s Taj Resorts and Palaces , it is now preserved as prestigious 5 star “Taj Lake Palace Udaipur”. Palace is most iconic hotel in the world which also received international awards.
Some Hollywood and Bollywood movies were also posturized here. The visitors includes many international celebrities, Kings, Queens and other eminent guests.
Watch this incredible experience from some guests!
Royal and Romantic – Udaipur Lake Palace Hotel
Lake Palace tour (Kuoni Advt.)
Palace view from Dusk till Dawn
Inside Lake Palace (Clips from visitors)
Welcome to Rajasthan- Rajansthan Tourism
Off course visit to palace comes with heavy price! As per some comments from visitors, suite cost ranges from about ~ $800 – $5000+ depending upon season and type of suite! For more details visit official website of Taj Hotels : here.
Also, see official Rajasthan Tourism website: here
Namaste _/\_ “Padhaaro Mhare Dess” 🙂
(Welcome to my place!)
Image credit: :”en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Udaipur”
Sources: Taj group of hotels, Lake Palace, Rajasthan Tourism, Incredible India, Wikipedia, Google search, Youtube, and other hyper-links mentioned in the post.