Mr. Pranav Mistry, an Indian researcher, brain behind Sixth Sense Technology and Head of Think Tank Team at Samsung Research America, revealed Samsung’s new Smart Watch called “Galaxy Gear “on 4th Sept,2013; which is based on his Sixth Sense Technology .
Here is demonstration during official launch from Mr. Pranav Mistry himself (English pronunciation has influence of Gujarati style, kindly consider🙂 ).
Samsung Galaxy Gear SmartWatch Demo by Mr Pranav Mistry
Watch full 2 hr Samsung event, IFA 2013 Berlin @ Youtube Playlist
What is Sixth Sense Technology?
Here is basic details of new age Sixth Sense Technology from Mr. Pranav Mistry at TED conference in 2009. Soon, there will be more products from him using this technology.
Featured in Top 1000 TED talks:
Thrilling Potential of SixthSense Technology by Pranav Mistry
First Look : Galaxy Gear Smart Watch (Right Side) developed using Sixth Sense Technology
Product Details & Specifications:
- Price: $299
- Product in Market: 25th Sept., 2013 to 140 countries
- Gear is compatible with : Galaxy note 3. After updating to Android 4.3, it will work with Galaxy S4, S III, Note II.
- Size: 1.63 inch 320X320 display PPI
- Processor: Single-core 800 MHZ Exynos
- Graphic Processor: ARM Mali-400 MP4 9210 MHz/500 MHz)
- RAM: 512 MB
- Storage: 4 GB on board
- Camera: 1.9 Megapixel in watch
- Bluetooth: 4.0 / NFC /Wi-Fi
- Battery : 315 mAh (As per demo, it lasts for about 25 hrs)
- Watch Colours: Available in different colors
Galaxy Gear Smart Watch Specification @ Wikipedia
about Mr. Pranav Mistry @ Wikipedia
about New Sixth Sense technology @ Wikipedia
Image source: “en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Galaxy_Gear”
Sources: TED Talks, Youtube, Wikipedia, Samsung company product- galaxy gear, IFA 2013 , Samsung event, Google search and other links mentioned in the post.